{Review} The Edge of Never

12:00 AM

Pages: 426
Publication date: November 15, 2012
Publisher: J.A. Redmerski
How I got the copy: Bought
Rating:  3.5 out of 5 Stars
   
  
From Goodreads:
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.  continued on goodreads

Reading this book was like riding a seesaw.  One minute the mood was up and fun and I was loving it.  Next, it's down and some serious stuff is happening.  But there were points in between all that where things just got weird.  And I'm still not really able to get over that to give this a higher rating.

I'm talking about the reason why Andrew would push her away.  Because he needed to "own her".  It went from cute little road trip book to weird in .5 seconds.  Like seriously, you just met her a week ago.  And now you want to own her.  What does that even mean?  Normally I'd just think it meant he'd want to marry her...like be the last guy who'll ever get to date her.  But when you've just met someone and you say this as you're getting physically intimate...it's just...weird.  There's no other way to put it.


But aside from that one part that was sort of explained towards the end.  I reallllllly liked this book.  The main character, Cam is running away from her problems.  And Andrew is running towards them.  And somehow they help each other through both.  I just enjoyed watching their relationship grow and I loved that this was a new take on a "road trip" book.  Even if it seemed unrealistically dramatic. It also introduced me to the band The Civil Wars which I now love!

Would I recommend this?  I think if you like New Adult books and don't mind the few seconds of weirdness I mentioned you should definitely try this.  It's one of those books that you know doesn't really make sense, but the characters and the romance is enough to make it worthwhile.  It's also got lots of feels towards the end.  Not sure if this is making any sense.  I've never been so confused about my feelings for a book before.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 5 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Melissa has read 16 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Flickr Images